Wauconda Memorial Day Parade 2023
The Wauconda Memorial Day Parade is a proud tradition of the American Legion Post 911. Celebrating its 72th year in 2023, the American Legion members proudly organize the Memorial Day Parade. The parade has grown over the years but under the stewardship of Joe Munson it has become the largest Memorial Day parade in Lake County, Illinois. Joe has since retired. We now strive to continue the tradition and devotion Joe left behind.
The parade is free to participate or march in. We are not paying parade entrants in 2023.
The parade will kick off at 10:00 am sharp. Staging is at 9:00 am. Staging areas will be the Wauconda High School parking lot, The Wauconda Park District Lots. If participating show up at 9:00 am and we will direct you to the appropriate staging area.
Official Parade Entry Form
- Parade participants must NOT THROW candy or literature. Candy or literature may only be handed out. If participants are going to distribute candy or literature they must have spotters around their vehicles. Failure to comply may result in being removed from the parade. We value safety too.
- An adult must supervise all youth groups at all times. Youth groups that are not accompanied by adult supervision may not be permitted to participate in the parade.
- Any passengers riding in the back of pickup trucks must have tailgates up and secured. Any passengers riding on flatbeds and/or floats are not permitted to have legs dangling.
- Candidates and political organizations are not permitted to campaign or distribute flyers.
- All parade entries should be at their designated staging areas by 9:00 am the day of the parade. The parade will step off promptly at 10:00 am.
- Wauconda Memorial Parade Committee, Wauconda American Legion and the Village of Wauconda are not liable for any injuries to parade participants.
- Wauconda Memorial Parade Committee, Wauconda American Legion and Village of Wauconda are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Beginning at 10 am the parade will kick off from Cook Park and end at Rt. 176 and Main Street. Be advised, parking can be an issue. Show up early. Main St. is closed for vehicle traffic at 9:15. Be safe and enjoy our great town and great parade.
Don’t forget… Our Memorial Day remembrance ceremony is after the parade, at noon, at the Memorial Park at Rt. 176 & Main St.